Friday, September 5, 2008

Community

I have always recognized the power of community. Whether as a comfort when you are feeling alone or as an energized group working towards a common goal, it is a vitally important element of the human experience. This year Keith and I have been overwhelmed with support and kindness from the folks in our life who are our community. As the year has progressed and our lives have changed, we have been compelled to expand our community and tell our story to the world. Through this blog I've reconnected with old friends and been introduced to many other folks. We are all bound by the desire to improve the community by sharing our challenges and using the experiences to create an even stronger community ready to take on all that life offers.

I found this video yesterday and it struck me as a strong reminder that community begins with one person working to make a difference. I hope you enjoy it and pass it on:



No comments: